Frequently Asked Questions
Dear valued Truman patrons,
The safety of artists, guests, and employees is our top priority. While health & safety procedures are followed on a daily basis, we will enforce the following to be sure everyone stays healthy as we bring back live events:
- Socially distanced seating
- Masks required unless actively drinking
- Temperature checks upon entry
- Sanitation procedures throughout
ADDITIONAL SAFETY PROCEDURES
- Closely monitoring daily updates & recommendations from local and federal authorities.
- Ticket sales and attendance will not exceed the mandated amount dictated by the Kansas City Health Department
- Strongly encouraging staff, guests, artists, and crews to keep their hands to themselves and to remain socially distant
- Masks are required to enter & must remain on except when actively or drinking
- Event end time will comply with guidelines set by the Kansas City Health Department
- Sanitization stations installed around the venue located near entrance, exit and restrooms
- In addition to our standard nightly cleaning procedures, we are sanitizing all door handles, surfaces, bars, etc. before, during & after every show/event
- Educational signs placed in all bathrooms with hand washing instructions to remind you all how to properly wash your hands
- On that note, we’ve retrained our entire staff in thorough and frequent hand-washing – fronts, backs, wrists, between fingers – with soap and warm water for at least twenty seconds each time and taking frequent hand washing and dance breaks
- All guests must remain in their designated area during the concert unless leaving to use the restroom or go to the bar
- All staff, guests, artists, and crew will be temperature checked upon entry. Entry is not permitted if temperature is 100.4 or higher
- All staff, artists, and crew are required to wear masks from load in to load out, with the exception of artists on stage during performance
- Nitrile gloves are being worn and changed frequently by all appropriate staff during their shift
- Employees must stay home if they experience fever or any symptoms and get tested before returning to work
- Strongly encouraging guests to use credit cards vs. cash
- Education about COVID19 and the risk of transmission will be communicated to all patrons prior to showtime, encouraging high risk fans to consider not attending
We strongly recommend that every patron follow the preventative guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms listed on the CDC.gov website, please be courteous of others & stay home.
Q: Where is the venue located?
The Truman is located at 601 E Truman Rd Kansas City, MO 64106.
Q: I want to rent The Truman for an event. Is that possible?
Q: How can I purchase tickets for a show?
Q: I am disabled or unable to stand for long periods of time. Can I still enjoy a show?
Absolutely! We have a dedicated ADA section near the front of the stage where anyone (and a guest) physically needing to sit during a show is welcome. Just let our friendly staff know once you arrive that you need to be seated in this section and they will be happy to direct you!
Additionally, while the seating in our ADA section is reserved for those with disabilities, we do have additional limited cocktail seating available to anyone over 21 in the Aristocrat A’ List Loft (stair access only). You can read more info HERE.
Q: What is your refund policy?
All sales are final. Absolutely no refunds – no exceptions. Lineups and times are subject to change.
If a show is cancelled or postponed there will be specific instructions given to receive a refund. If a show is SOLD OUT, you may be able sell your ticket back via Lyte – through the official fan ticket exchange.
Q: Can I buy tickets at the show?
If the show hasn’t sold out, you can purchase tickets at the venue before the doors and during the show (usually until around 10pm).
Q: How old do you have to be to attend shows?
Most of our shows are all ages. However, age requirements may differ, please check the details for the show you wish to attend.
Q: So, my child can attend a show without me?
Yes, as long as the show is all ages, anyone with a ticket can attend a show. The decision to allow a minor to attend a show or event is determined by a parent or legal guardian.
Q: What items are restricted from the venue?
We’re all about having a great time, but there are some things you simply can’t do. Here’s that list:
No Weapons of any kind. This includes knives, canons, muskets, throwing stars, long wallet chains, lead pipes, and anything else that might hurt somebody. If you aren’t sure, don’t bring it in.
No Smoking (this includes vaping) *We have a deck for smokers and non-smokers alike
No Outside Food or Beverage
No Illegal Drugs
No DSLR cameras
No Selfie Sticks
No Hula Hoops
No Glow Sticks
No Umbrellas (If it rains, you can leave your umbrellas by the front door)
No Bad Attitudes
Q: Do I need ID to enter the venue?
For all-ages shows, you will not need an ID to enter the venue. If the show has age requirements, you will need a valid, government issued photo ID.
Q: Do I need an ID to get a drink from the bar?
Yes. We will check IDs at the door. You will need a valid, government issued photo ID, no matter how old you think you may look. Anyone without proper ID, regardless of age, will be treated as under 21 and not allowed to buy, hold or drink alcohol. This policy is strictly enforced and any violation will result in immediate ejection from the venue.
Q: Are your shows seated?
Typically, no, but check the show details online. A seated show will be clearly noted. Depending on attendance, bar stools and cocktail tables may be available on a first-come, first-served basis during some standing room shows.
We also have an ADA viewing area near the stage for anyone physically needing to sit during the show. If you need to be seated in the ADA section just let our friendly staff know when you arrive and they will direct you to your seat. Additionally, while the seating in our ADA section is reserved for those with disabilities, we do have additional limited cocktail seating available to anyone over 21 in the Aristocrat A’ List Loft (stair access only). You can read more info HERE.
Q: What time does the band start?
The time listed on your ticket and on the purchase page of the website is the door time, not the show time. Set times vary and typically are not announced till the day of the show and can change without notice.
Q: I want to be in the very front so what time should I arrive?
We are first come, first serve unless otherwise stated on the tickets. All guests are welcome to line up anytime before a show. Keep in mind that no matter how early you line up there may already be people ahead of you in line and you are not guaranteed any particular spots inside.
Q: Can I leave and come back in later?
No. We have a strict no re-entry policy.
Q: Does The Truman offer food?
Yes! We have several food options.
Q: How about drinks?
We have 5 full bars, 4 of which are located in the main room. We also have cocktail seating and even an open air patio.
Q: Can I smoke in the club?
No. We do not allow smoking of any kind in the building. We have a smoking area available for those who want to smoke or vape.
Q: Do you offer a coat check?
Sure do! Drop your coat off at Guest Services for only $3.
Q: What if I have questions or concerns at the show?
Feel free to visit our guest services window located just inside the main doors should you need any assistance at all or have any questions or concerns.
Q: What about parking?
With our shows and events, we suggest using taxis or a ride-share service like Uber or Lyft. If you choose to drive, there is some street parking available and a few privately owned paid lots nearby. These lots are not owned by The Truman and towing is strictly enforced.
Q: Can I bring glow sticks to a show?
We want you to have fun, but we don’t allow glow sticks. Here is a list of other items we don’t allow: knives, guns, umbrellas, selfie sticks, gopro sticks, hula hoops, mace, outside food and drinks, illegal drugs, or any any other item we choose to refuse at our sole discretion.
Q: What are your policies regarding photo/video/audio?
Recording policies are at the band’s discretion and change from night-to-night. Only those with approved photo and video passes can bring professional equipment (cameras with detachable lenses) to a show.
Here at The Truman, we’ve organized a House Photography Program where local photographers can choose the shows they want to shoot (on a first come, first serve basis), bring a friend along with them to the show and also receive photo credit when their photos are used.
Currently, our House Photography Program is full, however, if you are still interested in participating in the program you may submit an application so we can contact you if spots open up. Fill out and submit our House Photography application for The Truman HERE! If you have other questions about the program feel free to email us at marketingasst@drinksandmusic.
Q: How are you preventing sexual violence in the music industry?
Q: Can you suggest a hotel?
The Truman is located 2 minutes from downtown. We suggest booking a hotel in the heart of the city so you can take in all that Kansas City has to offer.
Q: How can I stay up-to-date on The Truman’s shows?
Q: I think I left something at your venue. What do I do?
Q: Are you guys hiring?
If you have relevant music industry experience or are a bartender who wants a change of pace, drop us a note on the Contact Page.
Q: I want to stay up to date on all new shows and get special offers!
Great! Sign up to receive our newsletter HERE!
Q: I’ve got a question that your FAQs don’t address.